UNNC is currently looking to appoint a Governing Board member to represent UNNC Region 6 in Jefferson Park.
The vacant governing board seat to be filled is:
One Resident Representative from Region 6 in Jefferson Park
The Candidate for this position must be 14 years or older and reside within UNNC Region 6 which is the Jefferson Park area bounded by Adams Boulevard on the north; Jefferson Boulevard on the south; Arlington Avenue on the west; and Western Avenue on the east.
Responsibilities of a UNNC Resident Representative Governing Board member includes:
- All UNNC board members attend monthly governing board meetings on the first Thursday of every month.
- Resident Representative Board Members must attend neighborhood block clubs and associations meetings within their Region. There are two UNNC Resident Representatives in each Region and the two representatives can share these duties.
- Resident Representative Board Members agree to attend committee meetings when there are issues being dealt with that directly involve their Region. The Committees include Planning & Zoning, Recreation & Parks, Youth, Public Works, Public Safety, Historic Preservation, Economic Development, and Outreach.
- All UNNC board members agree to a Code of Civility and to comply with UNNC Board Rules.
- All UNNC board members agree to volunteer for UNNC-sponsored events and projects.
- All UNNC board members must comply with the Department of Neighborhood Empowerment (DONE) regulations, including taking workshops and training sessions to enhance one’s knowledge of DONE procedures and City requirements. The City’s Ethics Training, which can be taken online, must be completed within 6 months of being seated on the governing board.
- The Board appointments agree to fulfill the duties for a term of one year or until the next UNNC elections.
Interested Candidates should complete a Candidate Filing Form, available at www.UNNC.org or by emailing UNNC President Stevie Stern at president@UNNC.org.
Candidate filing forms are also available at the Council District 10 office, 1819 S. Western Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90006 (enter parking lot from Manhattan Place between Washington and 18th).
Candidate Filing Forms submission due date: Monday, October 14, 2013
Candidate Filing Forms may be submitted by email to president@UNNC.orgor dropped off at the Council District 10 office, 1819 S. Western Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90006.
All Candidates must plan to interview with the UNNC Executive Committee on Tuesday, October 15, 2013, 7:00 PM at the Council District 10 office
Appointment will be voted on by the Governing Board on Thursday, November 7, 2013
Questions? Call 323-731-8686 or email Stevie Stern at president@UNNC.org.
United Neighborhoods of the historic Arlington Heights, West Adams, and Jefferson Park Communities Neighborhood Council
Our mission is to empower and bring together a diverse community to maintain and improve the quality of life. UNNC is involved with community issues such as economic development, land use and zoning, parks, tracking City services, and more.
UNNC Boundaries: south side of Pico Boulevard from Crenshaw to Normandie, north side of Rodeo Road between Crenshaw & Arlington, west side of Normandie from Pico south to the 10 Freeway, west to the west side of Western Avenue from the 10 Freeway south to Jefferson Boulevard and west to the east side of Arlington south to Rodeo Road, and, the east side of Crenshaw from Pico to Rodeo. To view our map, visit our web site at www.UNNC.org.