Act fast, act now!
UNNC is currently looking to appoint Governing Board members to represent UNNC as an Area Representative Candidates for the following open seats:
- Harvard Heights/West Adams Heights (Region 2, Seat 1)
- Western Heights/Kinney Heights/Gramercy Park(Region 4, Seat 1)
- Western Heights/Kinney Heights/Gramercy Park(Region 4, Seat 2)
- At Large, Group A
- At Large, Group A
The vacant governing board seats to be filled are: Area Representative Stakeholders and 2 At Large. The United Neighborhoods Governing Board consists of 23 Board seats. 12 board seats are designated for residents of the six region areas within the neighborhood council boundaries (See Map). Candidates for the seats above MUST reside in the REGION they are applying for.
At Large Representatives must have a stake in the neighborhood council region, but not necessarily reside in UNNC’s footprint. Responsibilities of a UNNC Governing Board member include:
- All UNNC board members attend monthly governing board meetings on the first Thursday of every month.
- All UNNC board members agree to a Code of Civility and to comply with UNNC Board Rules.
- All UNNC board members agree to volunteer for UNNC-sponsored events and projects.
- All UNNC board members must comply with the Department of Neighborhood Empowerment (DONE) regulations. UNNC Board Members are required to take the Funding Program Training and the Ethics Training, plus any other workshops and training sessions to further one’s awareness of DONE procedures and City requirements.
Interested applicants should send an email to President@UNNC.org requesting an applicant form so the applicant can detail the work and reasons they have done in their community, including why they would be a valid Area Representative OR At Large Representative.
Applicant Forms submission due date:
Monday, August 20, 2018
Candidate Filing Forms may be submitted by email to President@UNNC.org
dropped off in person at the Council District 10 office,
1819 S. Western Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90006
All Candidates must plan to interview with the UNNC Executive Committee on Tuesday, August 21, 2018 7:00 PM at the Council District 10 office.
Appointment will be voted on by the Governing Board on Thursday, September 6, 2018.
Questions? Call 323-731-8686 or email President@UNNC.org