The City of Los Angeles now offers free recycled water to all Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP) customers. You can now get disinfected recycled water for approved purposes,
free of charge. Just bring your water containers with water-tight lids to the Recycled Water Fill Station.
Los Angeles-Glendale (LAG) Water Reclamation Plant
4600 Colorado Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90039
LA Zoo Parking Lot
5333 Zoo Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90027
LAG Hours open every Thursday, Friday, Saturday,
8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (closed on rainy days and holidays)
Every Monday, 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
For holidays that fall on a Monday, the Zoo Fill Station will operate on Tuesdays.
Check www.ladwp.com/rwfs for updates.
Recycled water helps promote conservation by offsetting demand for precious drinking water. You may use recycled water only for landscaping purposes such as maintaining trees, shrubs, gardens and lawns.
To be eligible to receive free recycled water at the fill station, customers must complete a brief training class before filling up. Upon completion, participants can receive up to 300 gallons of disinfected tertiary recycled water per visit.
To receive recycled water, you must:
- Be an LADWP customer. Bring your LADWP bill and a government-issued photo ID to the Recycled Water Fill Station training for verification.
- Take the Recycled Water Fill Station training provided by LADWP.
- Training is free and will be conducted at the Fill Station.
- Please RSVP via email at email@example.com.
- Submit a signed Recycled Water User Application and Agreement form.
- Place the provided “Do Not Drink” purple stickers on ALL containers used for transporting recycled water.
- Bring your own water-tight lid containers to the fill station. All containers will be checked for proper labeling. You must carry and maneuver your containers; LADWP personnel will not help load or carry any containers.