How to Get Involved
- Come to a meeting. You are invited to speak during the public comment period. Please fill out a speaker card.
- Request to have an item agendized. Please contact our President with your topic to have it discussed at our Executive Committee meetings so that it may be considered for the Board Meeting agenda.
- Sign up for our emails. We email out our agendas and news to keep you informed.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Join a Committee
- Join the Board. Board members must be available to attend our regularly scheduled meetings and take the lead in projects in our community. Check our Board Page to see our openings. If you would like to join the Board, please contact our President with your your interest.
How to Present an Issue or Request to the Board
If you have a funding request on behalf of your neighborhood group or organization, please contact Denise Jackson, Chair of the Executive Committee or Jeff Camp, President.
If you have a land-use issue or concern, please contact Laura Meyers, Chair, Planning and Zoning.
If you have a concern about Historic Preservation, please contact John Arnold, Chair, Historic Preservation.
See our full board member contact page or contact the President if your concern doesn’t fit in the above categories.
Submit your request at least ONE WEEK PRIOR to the scheduled meeting date, as we are required to distribute agendas at least 3 days in advance of our meetings.
If you are with a city department and wish to make a short presentation to the board (generally 5 to 20 minutes), then the President will consider your item for the Governing Board without requiring Executive Committee review.
The full Governing Board meets the first Thursday of the month. The agenda is finalized for distribution one week prior to the meeting so it can be circulated through our e-blast and posted at various locations within UNNC.
Bylaws and Standing Rules
The rules by which UNNC operates are called Bylaws and Standing Rules, and the UNNC Bylaws and Standing Rules are attached below.
UNNC Approved Bylaws December 1, 2020
UNNC Approved Bylaws August 1, 2018
UNNC Bylaws May 29, 2018
2015-03-05 UNNC Standing Rules