United Neighborhoods Neighborhood Council (“UNNC”) is committed to protecting your privacy. This Policy applies to UNNC’s collection and use of personal data in connection with our UNNC.org website, customer support and other services (collectively, the “Services”).
Personal Information We Collect
The terms “personal data” or “personal information” refer to information that can reasonably identify an individual. We may collect personal data that you provide to us by using the website, submitting ‘Contact Us’ forms, or otherwise interacting with us (online at an event, or during lectures or webinars). Personal information is requested when you are asked to subscribe to email newsletters, pay a registration fee, or complete an online form, and may include your name and email address.
Use of Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- Information Requests: We send you information you request about United Neighborhoods Neighborhood Council.
- Newsletter Communications: We may contact you about stories, news, updates, and promotions, usually via email newsletter. If you would no longer like to receive such emails, please follow the “Unsubscribe” instructions at the end of each email. Your email address will be removed from our newsletter list. Please allow us a reasonable period of time in order to satisfy your request. To opt out of being contacted by any other communication methods, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Compliance and Safety: We may use your personal data to comply with our legal obligations and to identify and remediate suspected or actual fraudulent activity or security incidents.
Information Collected from Children
The United Neighborhoods Neighborhood Council website is a general audience site, and we do not sell products to nor solicit information from children under the age of 13. UNNC does not sell your or any site visitors’ personal information. We are compliant with all federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) requirements.
Links to Other Websites
For your convenience, we may provide links to other websites that we do not control. We cannot be responsible for the privacy practices of any websites not under our control and we do not endorse any of these websites, the services or products described or offered on such sites or any of the content contained on those sites.
A cookie is a piece of information that a web server may place on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are commonly used by websites to improve the user experience and have not been known to transmit computer viruses or otherwise harm your computer. Many cookies last only through a single website visit. Others may have an expiration date or may remain on your computer until you delete them. When someone visits the site, a cookie is placed on the customer’s machine (if the customer accepts cookies) or is read if the customer has visited the website previously.
To ensure we are publishing content customers need and want, UNNC collects aggregated site-visitation statistics using Google Analytics cookies. Our servers may use log files to automatically collect certain non-personally identifying information, such as your computers IP address, the type of browser in use, and pages viewed, when you visit our websites. We use this information to understand how visitors navigate through our websites, to enhance your experience while using our websites, and to make the materials we post as valuable to visitors as possible. We do not link this information to personally identifiable information.
For more about cookies, visit this All About Cookies website.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) affords California consumers additional privacy protections, including the right to know what information we collect, disclose, and sell, as well as the right to request correction or deletion of your data.
For a description of the data we collect and the categories of sources of such information, please refer to the “Personal Information We Collect” section above. We use this data for the purposes outlined in the “Use of Your Personal Information” section above.
United Neighborhoods Neighborhood Council does not sell your personal information.
To make a consumer access request or request your data be deleted, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will verify your identity prior to fulfilling your request. Authorized agents may be used to submit rights requests, in which case we will take steps to verify your identity and confirm that the agent has authority to act on your behalf.
Web Accessibility Policy
United Neighborhoods Neighborhood Council is committed to full website accessibility for all of our website visitors. It is our policy to ensure that everyone, including persons with disabilities, has full and equal access to our online content. To ensure accessibility we:
- Implemented and configured the Accessibility by UserWay WordPress widget/plugin, developed by UserWay, that appears globally across the site in upper right.
- Adopted a web accessibility policy.
- Implemented training on web accessibility for our web editors.
- Are in the midst of website development to meet WCAG 2.1 Level AA compliance that will meet the digital accessibility requirements imposed by Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Will continue to conduct annual accessibility audits and continually review this website to ensure we adhere to best practices in web accessibility.
The UNNC.org accessibility menu can be enabled by clicking the accessibility menu icon that appears on the corner of the page. After triggering the accessibility menu, please wait a moment for it to load in its entirety.
Do you need assistance accessing something on our website? Contact us by telephone: 323-731-8686 or email: email@example.com
For more information on web accessibility:
Google Translation Disclaimer
Translation of pages on UNNC.org is performed by Google Translate, a free third party service that UNNC does not control. This translation service is only provided as a convenience to assist web visitors in understanding information on this website in a language other than English, and UNNC does not warrant or make any promises, assurances, or guarantees as to the accuracy of the translations provided by Google Translate. The translations are made through automated computer translation software that may not give you an accurate or precise translation all the time, and some applications or services may not work as expected when translated. Some files and other items may not translate or cannot be translated including but not limited to graphics, photos and documents. UNNC shall not and will not be liable for damages or losses of any kind arising out of, or in connection with, the use or performance of such information, including but not limited to, damages or losses caused by reliance upon the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any such information, or damages incurred from the viewing, distributing, or copying of such materials. If you are concerned about the accuracy of any translation, please review the UNNC.org website while it is set to the English language version, which is the official version. Please visit this Google Translate link for more information about Google Translate.
UNNC is not responsible for any special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages that may arise from the use of, or the inability to use, the site and/or the materials contained on the site whether the materials contained on the site are provided by UNNC, or a third party.
- Leasing, selling, copying, sublicensing, transferring, or assigning any information, intellectual property, goods, or services provided on this site
- Using this site for any illegal purpose
- Gaining unauthorized access to UNNC’s data or the data of other users
- Altering, modifying, adapting, reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling, or hacking UNNC’s intellectual property
- Altering or modifying another website to falsely imply that it is associated with this website
- Using or exporting UNNC’s information, products, or services in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations
- Violating anyone else’s legal rights (for example, privacy rights) or any laws (for example, copyright laws) in the user’s jurisdiction
- Using this website or UNNC’s services to transmit content that could be deemed unlawful, threatening, harassing, racist, abusive, libelous, pornographic, vulgar, defamatory, obscene, indecent, or otherwise inappropriate, including any messages constituting or encouraging criminal conduct
- Breaching, or attempting to breach, this website’s security systems and
Service Interruptions and Updates
Term, Termination, and Survival
This Agreement shall be effective as of the date (the “Effective Date”) you accept the terms herein or first access, download or use any of the services or information (collectively, the “Services”) on this site and shall remain in effect for so long as you use or access any of the Services (the “Term”). Upon termination of the Term, you shall no longer be permitted to use or access the Services. The terms herein that contemplate obligations after the Term, including but not limited to Prohibited Uses, Service Interruptions and Updates, Term, Termination, and Survival, Subscriber Data and Legal Compliance, and Indemnification and Limitation of Liability, shall survive termination.
Subscriber Data and Legal Compliance
Users are the exclusive owners of their own personal information. United Neighborhoods Neighborhood Council will not be held responsible for website users or other parties infringing upon any intellectual property rights of third parties.
Indemnification and Limitation of Liability
Research information and images may be used only for educational purposes and must cite United Neighborhoods Neighborhood Council in documentation. No artwork, however, may be reproduced without written permission by United Neighborhoods Neighborhood Council.
Images on this site courtesy of:
- Jozhua Johnson
- Raheem Dawson
- United Neighborhoods Neighborhood Council
Last updated April 5, 2021
How to reach us
United Neighborhoods Neighborhood Council
P.O. Box 19219
Los Angeles, CA 90019